Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Sweet Grandma May


My Grandma May passed away recently on June 5, 2009. She was 90 years old and will truly be missed. My sisters and I had the opportunity to put together her life sketch and give it at the funeral. Throughout this process I was able to learn so many neat things about my Grandma that I never knew. I'm so glad I learned all of these wonderful things about her, it made me love her even that much more. The funeral service was amazing and I think she would have loved it! Not only were there a ton of beautiful flowers, which are one of her favorite things, but most everyone she loved was there.








I will miss my Grandma so much and everything that comes with her... her happy cheerful smiles, her love for everyone and of course the Ranch that she will always be a part of.



This is my Grandparents wedding picture, I absolutely love it!


This isn't me, it is my cousin Ashley, but it is one of my favorites! It is how I picture my Grandparents... out on the ranch, pushing us on the swinging gate.

I think one of the hardest parts for me was seeing my Grandpa alone. He has been married to my Grandma for 67 years! Isn't that amazing?! Anyway, I hope we can all make him feel loved while he lives these last years of his life without Grandma by his side.



I will always be there to cut his hair when he needs me too!!


It was nice to see my dad's side of the family... we rarely get to see our cousins. This is most of the family, minus a few.


We also got to spend some time with our cousins a few of the nights we were in Jackson... it was sooo good to finally see them! My Grandma would have been so happy to see us all hanging out together because she always wanted her grandkids to be the best of friends! We love you Grandma May!

1 comment:

Brook Parker said...

Aw, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers.