Friday, June 17, 2011

1 has come and gone...

So my little baby Max has officially turned one. He is our little peanut and he has sooooo much energy. He loves to play outside, go hiking, biking, swimming and on stroller rides. He is definitely an outdoor boy! So, we thought we better take him to do something he loves for his Birthday. Unfortunately it was raining :( But we made the best of it and went swimming! The pool was a little chilly but we had fun anyway. Check out the video at the end...




Later that night, because it was Memorial Day on his birthday, we celebrated with Todd's whole big family. Julie and Bryce were even in town! We had a little dinner and I made a cake ball cake....attempted it anyway. They sure did taste yummy and Max enjoyed his first taste of cake! However, I think he is more of a fruity dessert person like his daddy. I guess I'm the only chocolate lover in the home :)

My cake ball cake...

Getting ready to blow out his candle...however, all his cousins kept beating him to it :)
Yum :)
Over his birthday weekend, we also took him to Litzas, Todd's favorite pizza place on earth. Max is a fan now too :)

I just wanted to say how much I love baby Max. I won't lie, this last year has been really rough and Max is not an easy baby by any means, however, he still has a huge part of my heart. I love that little boy to death and I never knew how much you could really love until that little guy came along. He brings joy to my life every day with his sweet smiles, giggles, excitement, and energy that he carries in him. My mom always told me I had so much enthusiasm for life and I see that in Max as well. He has a lot of love to give and I am so excited to see what kind of boy he turns into. We love you Max! Happy first Birthday!

Going down the big slide at the pool...

1 comment:

Sam and Melissa said...

You made it!!!! I can't believe he's one already! You guys are such fun parents. And I love the cake ball cake idea!